2/11/09

The Lowest Range


Oh man! That was close. Yesterday morning I noticed that I was a bit low on gas. No problem, I thought, I'll just stop at the gas station on the way home. Well, something came up and before I knew it, I was on the highway with about 3 miles left on the OBD and about 5 miles left to the nearest station. Yikes! So I kept an eye on this for the rest of the ride. As soon as I hopped off the highway, the number jumped to 4 and by the time I rolled in the gas station it read 5 miles. I guess with the reduced speed, I actually made some gas appear from nowhere. Whew, I sweated there a little. Now, the MINI has a nice full tank and all is well.

4 comments:

dbwilldo said...

I've actually seen 0 and then -5. Pretty sure I was running on the little bit of fuel left in the lines.

And, it has only happened once.

Anonymous said...

One (and the only) time I literally pulled into the gas station as the OBD said "0". Marvin (The MINI) was mad at me.

RB said...

I love to see how far I can stretch a tank. I've done the "0" quite a few times... pisses the wife off to no end as she gets really nervous about that kind of stuff. I actually coasted in once.

DanC said...

Wow. -5 miles? That's crazy. It made me nervous enough just hitting 3 miles left knowing the next station was 5 miles away. RB sounds like you like to live on the edge. ;-) I probably would not here the end of it if I did that and my MINI could talk.