2/19/09

2009 Chicago Auto Show


Last weekend I headed out to the 2009 Chicago Auto Show. I had gone a few years ago also so it was interesting to compare the two. This year was certainly less over the top than previous shows. Gone was the huge monster trucks and gas guzzlers, replaced with more efficient hybrid concepts and production vehicles. I was sure to check out the new Prius, Insight and Volt. Those three certainly had the most traffic. I think the Volt is going to be a great seller once it gets in the hands of the public.

As for the MINI, they too seemed to cut back. Last time I was there, they had a second floor section for MINI owners with free food and beverages, very nice. This time, it was simple. The new convertible was there but it was nothing new in my view. I still like the Clubman and still scratching my head over the ill designed center stack.

This year I didn't quite make it for the CMMC drive since it was also Valentine's Day, but we did get our hands on some free tickets. We headed down there a bit after the CMMC crowd. Check out my picts below of what I found interesting at the show.

1 comment:

RB said...

MINI Lounge? Huh, never had one of those in LA and I've been for the last 3 years!

Did you see the Buick Rivera? I thought it was a tad over the top but pretty kool in that it was American yet not stuck in the past.

The Volt/Malibu does nothing for me! I can't believe anyone could take so few pics? I took 200+ this year and I thought this year, as you, was pretty sad out here in LA, anyway.